Green supply chain management / Joseph Sarkis.Material type: BookSeries: Technologies for sustainable life: Publisher: New York, [New York] : New York, [New York] (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : ASME ; Momentum Press, 2014Description: 1 online resource (67 pages).Content type: text Media type: computer Carrier type: online resourceISBN: 9781606506431 (e-book).Call number: 658.7 Subject(s): Business logistics | Sustainability | Social responsibility of businessOnline resources: Click here to access online Also available in print.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 63-67).
1. Introduction to GSCM and the technology perspective --
2. Overview of supply and value chain management --
3. Overview of corporate environmental management -- 3.1 Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) -- 3.2 Life cycle analysis -- 3.3 Design for the environment and ecodesign --
4. Green supply chain management elements and practices -- 4.1 Green supplier and vendor management -- 4.1.1 Green supplier selection -- 4.1.2 Green supplier performance measurement and benchmarking -- 4.1.3 Green supplier development -- 4.2 Internal green operations management -- 4.2.1 Lean and green -- 4.2.2 Total quality environmental management -- 4.2.3 Inventory management -- 4.2.4 Material substitution and process modification -- 4.2.5 Internal closed loop operations -- 4.3 Green logistics -- 4.3.1 Strategic logistics network design -- 4.3.2 Transportation and delivery management -- 4.3.3 Green warehousing -- 4.3.4 Green packaging -- 4.4 Reverse logistics --
5. Management issues for GSCM and GSCM technology -- 5.1 Business value through cost reduction -- 5.2 Business value through revenue generation -- 5.3 Business value through supply chain resilience -- 5.4 Business value through the license to operate -- 5.5 Business value through improved reputation and image -- 5.6 Making the business case -- 5.7 GSCM technology management -- 5.7.1 Strategic planning for GSCM technology -- 5.7.2 GSCM technology assessment -- 5.7.3 GSCM technology strategic appraisal and justification -- 5.7.4 GSCM technology implementation -- 5.7.5 GSCM technology post-implementation management --
6. Overview of the GSCM research and theory --
7. Conclusion and future directions -- References.
Restricted to libraries which purchase an unrestricted PDF download via an IP.
This monograph focuses on the issues facing sustainability in supply chains. Specifically it provides an overview of green supply chain management (GSCM) and the management of technology within this context. The topics include the operational and technological activities and characteristics of GSCM management. Organizational greening activities that play a role in GSCM operations are presented. The monograph also provides functional activities of the GSCM which include supplier management, internal operations management, logistics, and reverse logistics issues. Managerial considerations related to planning, justifying, and implementing GSCM and the respective technologies provide some insights into management decisions that will be faced in this environment. The references and bibliography provide additional readings for those interested in this emergent and complex issue.
Also available in print.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
Title from PDF title page (viewed on January 5, 2014).